Update March 2017
Dear Camino friend!
I am very happy and excited about this year’s Camino de Santiago Trip from the city of
Santiago de Compostela to the coast of Finisterre and
Muxia in the region of . Galicia
Remember: We aim for a relaxed and fun walk, talk & yoga week. Key words are: Flexibility and mutual decisions plus: ‘There is always a solution!’
The plan is to start walking on Monday September 4th and I have been able to reserve rooms the night before (so September 3 to 4) in the Albergue Seminario Menor in
for only €12,- per person. Santiago
Day 1 (September 3rd) is a travel day. My advice is for you to book a flight for that day, and, if necessary because of flying times into
Santiago (or train connections from another city in )
I can book the previous night ( September 2nd ) into the same venue
where we will all meet. Just let me know on time please. Spain
Day 2 will be a walk from
to Negreira, an estimated Santiago 22 km walk, around 5,5 hours of
We will spend the night at http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-san-jose (price to be confirmed)
Day 3 is from Negreira to Vilaserio and that will be around
walking, so around 3 hours on the road. DO remember that is a walk, talk, and yoga holiday, so we are
building in time for a morning start with yoga and an evening wind down (
before dinner that is!) with another yoga class.
We are staying in Albergue Casa Vella. ( price to be confirmed)
http://ladistancia.es/Santiago-de-Compostela/Negreira (type in the names Negreira and Vilaserio to follow the route please)
Day 4 is planned to walk from Vilaserio to Olveiroa , around
25,5 km, so around 6,5 hrs
of actual walking. But as you know, if you would prefer just to walk part of
the distance, for whatever reason, we have the minibus ready to pick you up
from the nearest village, reachable by road!
http://ladistancia.es/Santiago-de-Compostela/Negreira (please type the names)
We stay in: http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-horreo (price to be confirmed)
Day 5 is from Olveiroa to Cee, around
21 km walking ( 5 hrs on the road) with a stay
for €12,- pp.
http://ladistancia.es/Santiago-de-Compostela/Negreira (type in the correct names)
Day 6 we walk from Cee to Fisterra ( around
14,5 km, 3,5 hrs), where we
will pick up our certificate and enjoy a lovely stay in Hotel Playa Langosteira
on the beach front (€24,- pp), where we can do yoga on the beach and
hopefully go for a swim afterwards.
After all, September is still very attractive weather wise , also in the
northwestern part of ! Spain
http://ladistancia.es/Santiago-de-Compostela/Negreira (again use this website to see the route and distance)
Day 7 will be dedicated to a bus trip ( half an hour driving) to Muxia, the’other’ end of the world, where we will be walking around plus also be getting a certificate as pilgrims and then we will be driving back (1,5 hrs driving) to the city of Santiago where I have booked accommodation in a place at the university campus of the town ( €23,- pp) with a nice green lawn in front for our final evening yoga session.
http://ladistancia.es/Santiago-de-Compostela/Negreira ( you can follow the route and distance by typing in the correct names)
All in all, a low budget, walk, talk and yoga holiday in
that you will never forget! Spain
- Your trip into and from Santiago de Compostela. Please plan to arrive in the weekend of September 3/4 and to leave one week later, I have reserved accommodation till Sunday morning September 10th
- Your own travel insurance, health insurance, accident insurance and/or any other type of insurance that YOU (think or find you) need
- Costs for transportation of you and your heavy luggage during the actual walking days, including from and to the
is around €100 pp airport
of Santiago de Compostela
- Costs for accommodation and food, 7 nights, always a shared room with 2, 3 or more (!) sometimes with breakfast included and often with the possibility to enjoy a home cooked dinner (Spanish style) is around €300 pp
- Donation for the yoga classes and your Spanish speaking organizer/bus driver at your service is €125 pp
Remember you are traveling with us on your own account and responsibility. You are part of the group, but everyone is independently responsible for their own health, well-being and personal spending. No one else but you is responsible for your own movements, actions and events!
Actions to be taken:
- Confirm your participation by email ( Name and contact info in case of an emergency plus a confirmation of the receipt of this letter please)
- Book your flight to and from Santiago de Compostela ( watch the correct dates please)
- Send me a copy of your flight details
- Bring up any question, comment or suggestion now; there is enough time to integrate changes and extras.
- Start saving money: I will need deposits soon ( April) to reserve the minibus and make bank transfers of down payments for accommodations